When considering solar power, there are a few things you need to know before you go solar. Here are some basics to help you get started:
1. Location is key – your solar panel installation will be more efficient if it’s located in direct sunlight.
2. Calculate your needs – before installing a solar system for home, estimate how much energy you use each month and see if your home can sustain a solar installation. You can also use our Solar Calculator to get an idea of your potential savings.
Image Source Google
3. Get a permit – in some states, getting a permit is mandatory before installing any kind of solar system, including rooftop panels.
4. Get quotes – don’t just go with the first installer who offers a low price! Compare different installers and find one that can offer you a competitive price while meeting your specific needs.
5. Ask questions – there are many details involved in installing a solar system, so be sure to ask your installer all the questions you have about the process and your home’s potential for solar power.
6. Be an informed consumer – don’t take a solar system on faith! Ask lots of questions and make sure you understand the answers before signing anything.